Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Something Sweet

Well, Let's start with someting sweet........... Please excuse my food photography, which is not exactly fantastic! I only have a little Nikon, nothing professional and it works fine for taking pictures of people and crochet, which is mostly what I use it for anyway. But I certainly don't get that professional look when it comes to food. Definitely something I'll have to work on!

Baking is a big part of my life. I love to do it. I love the way the house smells when something is in the oven and I don't like giving my kids store-bought junk, so Imake at least 3 cakes or baked goods a week. That obviously increases around the holidays, birthdays etc...

Today I made blondies without nuts, since the kids don't like them, and I won't be eating them :( !! Two suggestions if you are going to make them; add 1 tsp of corn syrup to your recipe. This makes for a wonderful, chewy blondie and watch your bake time! Even just a few minutes longer will turn them from soft and moist into hard and too chewy!

As for crochet, I have three WIP's and I hope to finish them this weekend! My plan is to start making as much as I can, so I'll be able to work some of the Christmas markets. We'll see how it goes........

See you soon! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment