Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

work, work, work



Well, here I am, about a week later and I'm happy to say that I've finished a few wips! I have also started and finshed a few other small projects, which I'll post pics of later. This beautiful handbag (if I do say so myself!), is the starling handbag, a pattern from futuregirl's blog, She has an incredible tutorial for the lining which I always use too. I made this for one of my best friends, now I just have to give it to her! The hotpad I made I am planning on selling. Yes, I have decided to start working A LOT crocheting, so that I can sell some things at some of the Christmas markets. Obviously, I'll  need to make several different items and things which I think people would buy.  It's not as easy as it sounds........ I think I'll do a little of everything in different price ranges and I'd like to find some unique patterns. Since crocheting with thicker fibers isn't really common here, (most people here in Italy use thread for filet crochet or doily type projects) I hope people will be pleasantly surprised. I guess I'll just have to see. If not, then I'll have lots of ready made Christmas gifts!

As far as the baking goes, this week I'm planning on a German Chocolate Cake.  My birthday is on Thursday and that's my favorite cake. DH is out of town on business and so it's just me and the kids, and they don't like coconut frosting, but it is MY birthday, right? So there! ;)

A presto!

2 comments:

  1. I love your Starling Handbag! The ribbon woven in the handle and top edge are so sweet looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and thanks for the awesome pattern! I made it for one of my best friends and she loves it! I just noticed you have one with a striped lining too :) Now I just have to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete